This course will cover all things related to the current Holidays Act. Session topics will include leave entitlement types, management of leave types, payment calculations, public holidays, closedowns, policy guidance and more.
- The Holidays Act and its administration.
- The role of Ministry of Business Innovation Employment and penalties
- Annual holiday entitlement and payment calculations
- What is the effect of a person changing their hours of work?
- Annual holidays in advance of entitlement and payment requirements
- Sick leave entitlements (including medical certificate application)
- Bereavement leave entitlements
- The process to be followed when an employee is on annual holidays or public holiday and is sick, injured or suffers a bereavement
- Public holidays and alternative time off for working on a public holiday
- The annual holiday process when an organisation has a 'close down'
- Cashing up part of an annual leave entitlement
- Final pay calculations
- Holiday pay for a person who has returned from a period of parental leave
- Holiday and leave record keeping
Your Learning Outcomes
Afterwards, you'll be able to…
- Understand what the Act requires
- Provide suggestions and ideas for the effective management of leave in the workplace
- Implement strategies for managing the administration of leave
- Review your workplace systems and processes to ensure best practice
- Understand recent changes to the Act
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, Morning tea, Lunch and Afternoon tea.
To find out more contact - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: 0800 778 776
Thursday 4 November, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Restrictions: All Ages
Member Price (plus gst) $449.00
Non-Member Price (plus gst) $649.00
Phone: 0800 778 776
Hawke's Bay Business Hub, Napier, Hawke's Bay / Gisborne
36 Bridge St, Napier, Hawke's Bay / Gisborne
Napier i-SITE Visitor
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© - https://www.napiernz.com/ / +64 0800 847 488 / email@example.com